NorthPointe Christian Church was planted over five years ago in Lincoln, Rhode Island to serve the needs of the community in Northern Rhode Island. In these 5+ years we have learned a lot about the specific needs of Northern Rhode Island and have changed and evolved to become an asset to this community, rather than a hindrance. We believe that the local church has the power to change the local community for good and through that, we desire for others to develop a personal and transformative relationship with Jesus Christ.
"We are not the only Christians, yet Christians only."
NorthPointe exists because of a historical movement called the Restoration Movement that occurred in America during the 19th century. Through the many men and women who contributed to this movement, Restoration Movement churches, or non-denominational churches, have developed a set of common beliefs. "We have no creed but Christ, no book but the Bible, no name but the name Christian." We strive to seek unity in the essentials, freedom in the non-essentials, and in all things we strive to love.
- Believe with your head and your heart that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God.
- Acknowledge our part in adding to the darkness of the world and then turn our backs on sin, striving to live each day walking closer to Christ than the day before.
- Give up the desire for self-preservation once and for all and publicly commit your live to Christ through baptism.
- Live in community with other believers, so to grow in your faith. We were not made to live alone, but to live in community to encourage and learn from one another.
- Give generously and without hesitation to the needs of others around you. Whether that is through your time, your gifts, or your finances. Friend or foe, family or stranger, Jesus calls us to give from our need, not just our excess.